Types of hosting services
A hosting service concerns stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server administered by a website hosting provider. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's explore them. Doing so, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you wish to have a web portal, email address accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular vendors, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts often include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally twisted interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the workload between individual hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given corporations offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is good if you desire to share a vast quantity of pics with mates or partners since the service is mostly free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your e-mail address accounts. Some distributors offer hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and several hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to keep as many video clips as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a web site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At GoBobby.net, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for particular content solely.